Early Childcare Social-Emotional Training
Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) with Conscious Approach to Discipline (Child Care Providers)
This Social Emotional Learning training, for childcare providers and staff, is centered on increasing caregivers’ self-awareness and management of their thoughts, feelings, and actions. These skills enable caregivers to promote social-emotional competencies and also respond to conflict and challenging behavior that is developmentally appropriate. Caregivers will learn about brain development and effective strategies to help children to manage their own emotions, learn from their mistakes, and make different choices in the future. This course is based on current brain research, child development information, and developmentally appropriate practices.
Trainings will be scheduled across the state of Missouri. In addition, larger childcare centers will have the opportunity to host the training on-site. If you do not see a date/location that works for you, please complete the following interest form to indicate your interest for participating in this project.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you submit your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with the date, time, and location of the selected training. Also, please review the attached PDF to be sure your registration is correct and complete. The Center for Excellence is not responsible for incomplete registration information. If you do not receive a confirmation email, there was a typo in your email address and you will need to contact us at the Center (contact info below). Participants successfully registered for online trainings will receive an email reminder about 2 - 3 days prior to the class.
- Please arrive to the site with plenty of time to sign-in and check your registration information for final accuracy. Your signature is required.
- All materials needed for the class will be provided by the instructor.
- Please arrive ready for learning! You must be present and actively participating for the entire training to receive credit. You will not receive credit for the class if you arrive more than 10 minutes after the start time.
- All materials needed for class participation and learning will be provided by email 4 business days prior to the training.
- You will need to print some documents so you can successfully participate.
- Please log-in to Zoom 10 minutes before the class start time. You must be present and actively participating for the entire 3 hours of the training to receive credit. You will not receive credit for the class if you log in more than 5 minutes after the start time.
- At the training, you will be required to sign-in on the class roster.
- After completing the class, you will complete a post-training survey sent to the email you used when you registered. Within the survey, you will enter the class' attendance code as proof of your participation. The attendance code will be provided during the training. It is your responsibility to write down the code and enter in the survey.
- Signature at sign-in and the correct attendance code in the completed post-training survey are required for clock hours, compensation and/or materials.
- During the training, you will be required to provide your full name, MOPD ID, and Employer/Center in the Zoom Chat.
- After the class, you will complete a post-training survey sent to the email you used when you registered. Within the survey, you will enter the class' attendance code as proof of your participation. The attendance code will be provided during the training. It is your responsibility to write down the code when it is provided and enter it in the survey.
- These two steps, Zoom Chat verification and the correct attendance code with completion of the post-training survey, are required for clock hours, financial compensation, and/or materials